Anna wanna get new curtains for her apartment. Now,she and Jeremy are hanging out at IKEA.
安娜想给她的公寓买新窗帘。现在,她和杰里米在宜家闲逛。
Anna & Jeremy:
Anna:Jeremy及Albert的朋友,在一所国际学校教书。
Jeremy: Albert的同事兼好朋友
Jeremy: Here we are at IKEA. Wow! What a crowd!
杰里米: 我们现在在宜家。哇! 好多人!
Anna: Yeah,it's so popular. I used to hang out with my friends there back in the U.S.
安娜: 是的,它很受欢迎。我过去在美国常和我的朋友在那里闲逛。
Jeremy: Me too. Tell me,what's on your shopping list?
杰里米: 我也是。告诉我,你的购物单上有什么?
Anna: Curtains. The current ones in my apartment are old and out of style.
安娜: 窗帘。我公寓里现在用的都是又旧又过时的。
Jeremy: Well,what about patterns and textures? Do you have a preference?
杰里米: 那图案和质地呢?你有什么偏好吗?
Anna: Nuh,I simply go with my gut.
安娜: 不,我只是跟着感觉走。
Jeremy: Haha! That's easy. We should just go to the textiles section and see what may catch your eyes.
杰里米: 哈哈! 这很简单。我们应该去纺织品区看看什么能吸引你的眼球。
Anna: Yeah,maybe I could find something nice. Wow! Come and look at these floral drapes. They feel so soft and comfortable.
安娜: 是啊,也许我能找到一些好东西。哇! 来看看这些花窗帘。他们感觉如此柔软和舒适。
Jeremy: Yeah,I think they match your room. By the way,I just saw some good-looking plates over there. And they're on sale. Wanna get some for your kitchen?
杰里米: 是的,我觉得它们和你的房间很相配。顺便说一下,我刚才看到那边有些好看的盘子。而且还在打折。想为你的厨房买一些吗?
Anna: You bet. I could never resist the temptation of beautiful plates. Although I hardly cook. They're simply too irresistible.
安娜: 一点没错。我无法抗拒漂亮盘子的诱惑。虽然我几乎不做饭。他们实在是太不可抗拒了。
Jeremy: Maybe you'll have the motivation to cook in the future. I mean,you basically have everything in your kitchen.
杰里米: 也许将来你会有做饭的动力。我的意思是,基本上你的厨房里什么都有。
Anna: I guess so. But I'm such a green hand at cooking. Maybe you could show me the ropes.
安娜: 我想是的。但是我在烹饪方面是个生手。也许你可以教我怎么做。
Jeremy: Sure,how could I say no to my dearest friend?
杰里米: 当然,我怎么能对我最亲爱的朋友说不呢?
本课生词总结
IKEA:n. 宜家家居(瑞典公司)
curtain:n. 幕;窗帘
patterns:n. 模式;图案;样品
texture:n. 质地;纹理;结构;本质,实质
textiles:n. 纺织品,织物
floral:adj. 花的;植物的,植物群的;花似的
drapes:n. 窗帘;褶裥;手术洞巾
resist :vi. 抵抗,抗拒;忍耐
temptation:n. 引诱;诱惑物
irresistible:adj. 极度诱人的;不可抵抗的
show someone the ropes:给某人指点门道