基于《懂你英语》:Leve 4 Unit 1 Part 2 Dialog-Dinner Conversation
今天的主题是:Say Goodbye to Stress 跟压力说bye-bye
There three things we are going to talk about in today's lesson:
1.how to describe your stree and the causes of it.
如何向他人描述你的压力和压力产生的原因。
2.problems caused by too much stree.
压力过大的危害。
3.how to cope with stress.
如何应对压力
Part 1:如何描述压力和及其产生的原因
have a lot one's mind = 心事重重
For example:
He's being very quiet because he has a lot on his mind.
他今晚心事重重,所以很安静。
My mind is overload.
我心里装满了事儿。
I feel upset tonight.
我今晚心烦意乱。
现在完成进行时:have been doing
I've been getting some strange emails from my boss.
现在完成进行时表示一段时间持续发生的动作。
I've been fighting with anxiety.
我最近一直在跟焦虑做斗争。
I've been working overtime for several weeks.
我最近几周一直在加班。
对朋友关心可以说:
Is everything alright?
Is something wrong?
What's bothering you?
work-related = 工作相关
school-related = 学业相关
family-related = 家庭相关
朋友心事重重的时候,你可以说:
You can tell me if you'd like to. I'm a good listener.
你如果愿意的话可以告诉我。我是一个很好的听众。
You can tell me anyting.I'm always here for you.
你什么都可以跟我说。我一直在。
work-load = 工作量
have a hard time doing sth. = 做什么事情有困难
excessive workload = 超额的工作量
The excessive workload drives me crazy.
超额的工作量简直要把我逼疯。
be fed up with = be sick of > be tired of
I'm fed up with Bill not being able to complete his work on time.
我受够了Bill总是无法按时完成工作。
I can't handler Emily's inability to work with the team.
Emily无法与团队好好合作,我不知道怎么来解决这个问题。
I don't know how to handler my boss.
我不知道怎么跟我的老板打交道。
team player = 有团队精神的人
A weak teamate does you more harm than a strong enemy.
不怕神一样的对手,就怕猪一样的队友。
Deadlines can also drive people crazy.
截止日期也会把人逼疯。
tight deadline = 紧迫的截止日期
burn sb. out = 让人精疲力尽
I had to meet tight deadlines last week and it burnt me out.
我上周为了赶紧迫的截止日期累的精疲力尽。
If he doesn't stop working so hard,he'll burn himself out.
如果他一直这么拼命工作的话,会把自己累坏。
it causes sb. huge stree = 给某人带来了很大的压力
premarital phobia = fear of marriage = 婚前恐惧症
run away from the wedding = 逃婚
A baby who sleeps too much in the daytime will have trouble falling asleep at night.
婴儿白天睡太多就会晚上不睡觉。
Part 2:压力带来的问题
Short-term stress can motivate people to perform better on a test or respond quicker to a dangerous situation.
短期的压力会激发人的潜能,在测试中有更好的表现,甚至在危险情况下游更敏捷的反应。
Too much stress can cause a lot of problems.
过大的压力会给我们带来各种各样的问题。
2.1 压力太大会带来睡眠问题
受睡眠问题的困扰可以说:
I've been having trouble falling asleep.
I'm suffering from sleeping problems.
2.2 压力太大会让人头痛
This urgent task is giving me migraines/headaches.
这个紧急任务让我偏头痛/头痛。
2.3 压力太大会影响感情生活
The negative emotions we get from too much pressure are often transferred to our partners.
压力带给我们的负面情绪会转嫁给到我们的叛侣身上。
向别人请求允许的几种方式:
Do you mind if I ...
Would you mind if I ...
If you don't mind,I'd like ...
put pressure on sb. = 给某人以压力
My wife/husband is putting a lot of pressure on me.
我的妻子/丈夫给了我很大的压力。
2.4 压力太大会让人精神崩溃
nervous breakdown = 精神崩溃
stressed out = 焦虑不安
Part 3:如何应对压力
No.1 Take a break from work.
take a break from work = 放下手上的工作,休息一会
想不出来的时候不要一直想,可以这样给朋友建议:
Forget about it for now.Don't worry about it for the time being.
No.2 Take a few deep breaths.
I find it best to concentrate on remaining calm and maybe taking a few deep breaths.
当压力太大的时候,保持镇定,深呼吸也很有帮助。
No.3 Finding ways to relax.
压力太大的时候,要找到适合自己的放松方式,你可以这样跟朋友建议:
How about we go to see a movie together?
Why don't you find some time and go shopping with me?
I could be wrong,but it seems to me that you need a vacation.
想要委婉提出建议时可以说:
I could be wrong,but ...
I think it would be best if you ...
You really shoud ...
clear one's mind = empty one's mind = clear one's thoughts = 清理头脑
No.4 Learn to say no.
工作超负荷时,要学会协商或拒绝,可以这样去沟通:
I can't finish this by today. Can I get it to you tomorrow/next week?