Good News & Bad News
好消息和坏消息
Hey, I’ve got some news, some good news and some bad news.嘿,我有一些消息,好消息和坏消息
OK, give me the bad news first.好吧,先听坏消息
We're moving to a new office.我们要搬新办公室了
When is this going to happen?这是什么时候的事?
We are supposed to move at the end of next month.我们应该在下个月底就会搬
How far away is the new office?新办公室远吗?
We are not sure yet, but it will mean a longer commute for most of us. 我不是很确定,但是对于大多数人意味着上班时间更长了(commute通勤上下班)
The new office will probably be onthe other side of the city.新办公室可能在城市的另一边
The commute is already too long for me and I’m not going to change flats. 对于我来说上下班时间已经很长了,而且我不想换公寓
We just bought one.我们刚买了一个
Anyway, what’s the good news?不管它了,好消息是什么?
The good news is that we are going to expand. 好消息是我们公司要扩张了
The company is growing so we are gonna hire more people.公司增长,所以我们需要招聘更多员工
Well, I’ve got some news for you too.好吧,我也有个消息告诉你
I hope it’s a good news.我希望是个好消息
Well, that depends on your point of view. 好吧,取决于你的观点立场
I’m planning to start my own business.我计划开始创业了
Why? I thought you were happy working here.为什么?我认为你在这里工作很开心
I like the work, but I’m not learning anything new. 我喜欢这份工作,但是我学不到任何新东西了
I think I can do better on my own.我认为我可以做的更好
I was planning to wait a few months. 我计划等几个月
But now that the office is moving, I’m ready to make the change.但是现在我们办公室要搬了,我已经做好改变准备
What does your wife think?你的妻子怎么想?
She’s in favor ofit and she'll help me. 她赞成,她会帮助我的
She’s already designing a website. 她已经在设计网站了
We’ll work from home at first.我先在家工作
So you really are serious about this? 所以你是认真的?
You’re taking a big risk. 这是要冒大风险的
Most new businesses fail. 大多数新企业都失败了
Yes, I know, but if I don’t do it now, I never will. 是的我知道,但是如果我现在不做,我永远都不会做
I’m tired of working for others.我厌倦了为别人工作
I know what you mean.我明白你说的意思
Don’t tell anyone about this, OK? 不要告诉其他人好吗?
It’s still a secret.到目前为止还是个秘密
Sure, I won’t say anything to anybody. 当然,我不会对任何人说任何事
I’m sure this will come as a surprise to everyone.我确定这对所有人来说是个惊喜
I’m sure changing offices will also come as a surprise to people. 我相信换办公室也是个惊喜
This is exactly why I want to work on my own. 我正式我为什么想要为自己工作的原因
I don’t like these kinds of surprises.我不喜欢这种形式的惊喜
You are right about that. 你说的对
When are you gonna let people know? 你准备什么时候让他们知道?
I’ll make the announcement at the beginning of next month.我将在下个月初公布此事