1. I'll be the model of discretion.我会谨言慎行的。
2. I'm nearly there.我快到了。
3. You should chase the opportunity that always scares you. 你应该去追求那些总是令你害怕的机会。
4. I'm detained.我被耽搁了。
5. I don't have time often means"thats not a priority." 我没时间通常表明“这不是一个优先的要做的事”
6. putter around the house 在家闲逛,无所事事
7. savor that irony.品尝(感受下)那种讽刺的意味
8. A simple "Thank you" would suffice. 说句简单的谢谢就能满足了。
9. You are effing kidding me. 你真是TM的开我玩笑。
effing 也是个诅咒的词,用于加强语气,具有冒犯性,不是真的气炸了,就不要轻易用哦。可能跟F词比,要稍微没那么粗俗。
10. They just play possum.他们就装糊涂。
possum 装傻
11. One day‘s burden is enough for one day.一天的难处一天当。
12. She's left for the day. 她今天出去不会回来了。(这个句子在办公室电话英语中超好用,有木有?)
13. What could you do that i can't? (大家在读时,注意在do 后面稍微停顿一下下,不要把 do that 连在一起读哦)
14. Don't whine. 别发牢骚。
15. I'm better than that. 我比它好多了。
16. I’ll look into options. 我来看看有哪些选择。
17. Objectively speaking...客观地说
18. -- You will be alright? 你还好吗?
-- I'll be amazing... 我好得不行了。。。
19. How fortuitous. 好巧啊!
20. Can I take you to lunch to make up for this?能请你吃个午饭作为弥补吗?
21. How'd you pull that off? 你是怎么做到的?
pull off: 努力实现,赢得,脱下
22. That's alarmingly close.这个非常危险的接近了.
23. What does she see in him?她看上他什么啦?
24. More or less. 差不多吧。
25. You're gonna be a little ticked.你会有点生气。
ticked: 生气
ticked me off 真让我生气 (不要总是用angry 或者pissed off 啦:)