Defamation
责备
Why are those tears in your eyes, my child?
为什么你眼中有眼泪呢,我的孩子?
How horrid of them to be always scolding you for nothing?
他们真是可怕,常常无理由就责备你!
You have stained your fingers and face with ink while writing – is that why they call you dirty?
你写字时墨水玷污了你的手和脸──这就是他们所以骂你龌龊的缘故吗?
O, fie! Would they dare to call the full moon dirty because it has smudged its face with ink?
呵,呸! 他们用墨水泼向月亮,就敢骂说它脏。
For every little trifle they blame you, my child. They are ready to find fault for nothing.
他们总要为了每一件小事去责备你,我的孩子。 他们总是无理由地找他人的错处。
You tore your clothes while playing—is that why they call you untidy?
你游戏时扯破了衣服──这就是他们说你不整洁的原因吗?
O, fie! What would they call an autumn morning that smiles through its ragged clouds?
呵,呸! 秋之晨从它破碎的云衣服中露出微笑。 那么,他们要叫它什么呢?
Take no heed of what they say to you, my child.
他们对你说什么话,量管可以不去理睬他,我的孩子。
They make a long list of your misdeeds. Everybody knows how you love sweet things—is that why they call you greedy?
他们把你做错的事劳劳地记下来。 谁知道你是十分喜欢糖果的──这就是他们说你贪婪的缘故吗?
O, fie! What then would they call us who love you?
呵,呸! 我们是喜欢你的,那么,他们要叫我们什么呢?