唐顿庄园第1季第2集台词

唐顿庄园第1季第2集台词

英文 中文
Here we are, ma'am, Crawley House. 我们到了夫人卡劳利公馆
For good or ill. 好歹来了
I still don't see why I couldn't just refuse it. 我还是不明白为什么我不能直接推辞
There's no mechanism for you to do so. 你无法这么做
You will be an earl. You will inherit the estate. 你将成为伯爵并继承庄园
Of course, you can throw it away when you have it. 当然继承之后你想败家弃位也行
That's up to you. 这都取决于你
Can I help? 有事吗
I'm Molesley, sir, 我是莫斯利先生
your butler and valet. 您的管家兼贴身侍从
Mr Molesley, I'm afraid... 莫斯利先生恐怕...
May I introduce ourselves? 我谨自我介绍一下
I am Mrs Crawley 我是卡劳利夫人
and this is my son, Mr Matthew Crawley. 这是我儿子马修·卡劳利先生
I'll just give Mr Taylor a hand with the cases. 我先去帮泰勒先生搬行李
- I can... - Thank you, Molesley. -我能...-谢谢你莫斯利
I won't let them change me. 我不会让他们改变我的
Why would they want to? 为什么他们会改变你
Mother, Lord Grantham has made the unwelcome discovery 妈妈格兰瑟姆伯爵不幸发现
that his heir is a middle-class lawyer 他的继承人是一名中产阶级律师
and the son of a middle-class doctor. 是一名中产阶级的医生的儿子
Upper middle class. 是中上阶级
He wants to limit the damage 为了补偏救弊
by turning me into one of his own kind. 他定会把我改造成他的同类
查看完整请点击
When you met him in London, you liked him. 你在伦敦见他时还挺喜欢他的
I simply do not understand why we are rushing into this. 我只是不知道为何如此匆忙
Matthew Crawley is my heir. 马修·卡劳利是我的继承人
Patrick was your heir, he never lived here. 帕特里克也是他可从没在这里住过
Patrick was in and out of this house since the day he was born. 帕特里克从小就在这宅子里进进出出
You saw how many of the village turned out for the service. 你也看到了追思会那天村里来了多少人
But nothing's settled yet. 一切尚未确定
It is settled, my dearest one, whether you like it or not. 板上钉钉亲爱的不管你喜不喜欢
I wouldn't say that. 我看不见得
Not while your mother breathes air. 老夫人只要尚有余息绝不会善罢甘休
Oh, Ellen. 艾伦
This is much better than I thought it would be. 这比我想象的好太多了
You have done well. 你打点得真不错
Thank you, ma'am. 谢谢您夫人
Would you like this in here, ma'am, or taken up to your room? 夫人提包是放在这儿还是拿到您屋内
In here, thank you. 放这儿吧谢谢
So, are you the whole of our new household? 我们的新侍从就你一个人吗
There's a local girl, ma'am, Beth. 还有一位本地姑娘夫人名叫贝丝
She's to double under-housemaid and kitchen maid. 她是杂物兼厨房女仆
- This is ridiculous. - Thank you very much, Molesley. -太荒谬了-非常感谢莫斯利
- Might we have some tea? - Very good, ma'am. -能给我们上点茶吗-当然夫人
- Well, he can go right now. - Why? -他现在就可以走了-为什么
Because we do not need a butler 因为我们不需要什么管家
or a valet, if it comes to that. 或是贴身侍从若非如此的话
We've always managed perfectly well 我们向来只有一名厨子和一位女仆
with a cook and a maid, and they cannot expect us 不也过得很好他们不能指望我们
- to alter our... - What they expect, Matthew, -改变自我-马修他们指望的
is that we won't know how to behave. 是我们不知道如何举止得体
So if you don't mind, 所以如果你不介意
I would rather not confirm their expectations. 我宁愿不要让他们的期望得逞
I have to be myself, Mother. 我得做我自己妈妈
I'll be no use to anyone if I can't be myself. 否则我将一无是处
And before they or you get any ideas, 在你或是他们擅作主张之前我有言在先
I will choose my own wife. 婚姻大事我要自己做主
What on earth do you mean? 你这话到底是什么意思
Well, they're clearly going to push one of the daughters at me. 显而易见他们定要把一位女儿强嫁给我
They'll have fixed on that when they heard I was a bachelor. 要是听说我还单身他们就会确定婚事
Lady Mary Crawley. 玛丽·卡劳利小姐到
I do hope I'm not interrupting. 希望我没打扰到你们
- Lady Mary... - Cousin Mary, please. -玛丽小姐-叫玛丽表亲就好
Mama has sent me down to welcome you 妈妈命我来欢迎你们
and to ask you to dine with us tonight. 并邀请你们与我们共进晚餐
Unless you're too tired. 除非你们舟车劳顿
We would be delighted. 我们乐意前往
Good. Come at 8:00. 那好今晚八点见
Won't you stay and have some tea? 你不留下喝杯茶吗
Oh, no, you're far too busy. And I wouldn't want to push in. 不了你们这么忙我又怎敢"强"留
Lynch, I think we'll go back by the South Lodge. 林奇咱们从南屋那边回去吧
Very good, my lady. 是小姐
Lady Mary, I hope you didn't misunderstand me. 玛丽小姐我希望你别误会
I was only joking. 我只是在开玩笑
Of course. And I agree. 当然我也赞同
The whole thing is a complete joke. 这整件事就是个天大的笑话
So what do you think we'll make of them? 你说他们会是什么样的人
I shouldn't think much. She hasn't even got a lady's maid. 好不到哪去她连贴身女仆都没有
It's not a capital offence. 又不是什么大忌
She's got a maid, her name's Ellen. 她有个女仆名叫艾伦
- She came a day earlier. - She's not a lady's maid. -她提前一天到的-她又不是贴身女仆
She's just a housemaid that 就是个持家女仆
fastens hooks and buttons when she has to. 招之即来缝缝补补
- There's more to it than that, you know. - Daisy! -贴身女仆可比这讲究多了-黛西
查看完整请点击
We'll want some very precise reporting when dinner's over. 晚饭后你再跟我们细说
Are we to treat him as the heir? 我们要当他是继承人来服侍吗
Are we heck as like. 当他是就怪了
A doctor's son from Manchester? 就曼彻斯特一个医生的儿子
He'll be lucky if he gets a civil word out of me. 我要是给他好脸色就算他走运了
We're all lucky if we get a civil word out of you. 你给我们谁好脸色我们都感觉挺幸运的
Gwen, parcel for you. Came by the evening post. 格温你的邮包晚班邮差送来的
Thank you, Mr Carson. 谢谢您卡森管家
William. 威廉
Have you seen them yet, Mr Carson? 您见过他们了吗卡森管家
By "them" I assume you mean the new family, 我想你说的是新来的那家
in which case, no. 还没见过
I have that pleasure to look forward to this evening. 我有幸期待今晚得以一见
Daisy, did you hear me call or have you gone selectively deaf? 黛西你是没听见还是选择性耳聋
No, Mrs Patmore. 没有帕特莫太太
Then might I remind you we 那我是不是该提醒你
are preparing dinner for your future employer. 今晚我们可是为你未来主子准备晚宴
And if it goes wrong, I'll be telling them why. 如果出了差错我可不会替你背黑锅
Why are they here at all when you're going to undo it? 你不是要撤销吗怎么他们还是来了
Your father's not convinced it can be undone. 你父亲不确定能够撤销
But you'll still try. 但你还会争取
Granny and I are willing to try. 奶奶和我都会的
And Papa is not? 可爸爸不会
We'll bring him round, you'll see. 我们会说服他的
We're trying to find a lawyer who'll take in on. 我们正打算找律师负责此事
So what are they like? 他们是什么样的人
She's nice enough, but he's... very full of himself. 她人挺好的但他...很是妄自尊大
- Why do you say that? - Just an impression. -何出此言-印象而已
Let's go down and you can decide for yourself. 咱们下楼吧您自可论断
Hello again. 又见面了
It's a pleasure to meet you at last, Mrs Crawley. 很高兴终于见到你了卡劳利夫人
We're delighted to be here, aren't we, Matthew? 我们很荣幸光临贵府对吧马修
Delighted. 很荣幸
Welcome to Downton. 欢迎来到唐顿
Thank you. You've been so kind. 谢谢您真是太好了
What a reception committee. 好隆重的迎接队伍
Yes, thank you. 是啊谢谢
This is Carson. We'd all be lost without him. 这位是卡森万事打点都少不了他
Mama, may I present Matthew Crawley and Mrs Crawley. 妈妈请允许我介绍马修和卡劳利夫人
My mother, Lady Grantham. 我母亲格兰瑟姆伯爵夫人
What should we call each other? 你我该如何互相称呼
Well, we could always start with Mrs Crawley and Lady Grantham. 可以叫卡劳利太太和格兰瑟姆伯爵夫人
Come into the drawing room 来客厅吧
and we can make all the proper introductions. 我们可以彼此正式介绍
Do you think you'll enjoy village life? 不知两位乡村生活是否过得习惯
It'll be very quiet after life in the city. 过惯了城市生活会觉得闲适很多吧
Even Manchester. 即使跟曼彻斯特比
I'm sure I'll find something to keep me busy. 我总会找到些事情做的
You might like the hospital. 也许医院合您的意
What sort of hospital is it? How many beds? 哪种医院规模如何
Well, it isn't really a hospital. 那儿可称不上是医院
Don't let Dr Clarkson hear you. 别让克拉克森医生听见您这么说
He thinks it's second only to St Thomas'. 他认为那里仅次于圣托马斯医院
It's a college hospital, of course, but quite well equipped. 虽说是所学校附属医院可设备相当齐全
Who pays for it? 资金从哪里筹集
Oh, good, let's talk about money. 这可好终于要提钱了
My father gave the building and an endowment to run it. 我父亲提供了场所并出资运营
In a way, he set up his own memorial. 他其实是给自己树碑立传
But how splendid. 这种方式可谓高尚
And Mr Lloyd George's new insurance measures will help. 洛依德·乔治先生的保险新政也会有所帮助
Please don't speak that man's name. We are about to eat. 千万别提那人影响食欲
I will hold it steady and you can help yourself, sir. 我会托住盘子您可随便取用先生
Yes, I know. Thank you. 当然我知道谢谢
You'll soon get used to the way things are done here. 你很快会习惯这里的生活方式
If you mean that I'm accustomed to 如果你想说这与我平日生活
a very different life from this, 有天壤之别
then that is true. 诚然如此
What will you do with your time? 你打算如何消磨时光
I've got a job in Ripon, and I've said I'll start tomorrow. 我在里彭找了工作明天就开始上班
A job? 你找了工作
In a partnership. You might have heard of it. 一家合伙人制律所你们也许听过
Harvell and Carter. 哈维-卡特事务所
They need someone 他们正需要一个
who understands industrial law, I'm glad to say. 懂工业法的人
Although I'm afraid most of it will be 虽然恐怕大部分业务
wills and conveyancing. 还是遗产分配和产权转让
You do know I mean 你该知道我打算
to involve you in the running of the estate? 让你参与管理庄园吧
Oh, don't worry. There are plenty of hours in the day. 不用担心空闲时间很多
And of course I'll have the weekend. 当然还有周末
We'll discuss this later, we mustn't bore the ladies. 迟些再谈吧别让女士们觉得乏味
What is a weekend? 什么是周末
Why shouldn't he be a lawyer? 当律师有什么不好
Gentlemen don't work, silly. 绅士不会去工作傻丫头
Not real gentlemen. 他不是真正的绅士
Don't listen to her, Daisy. 别听她的黛西
No! Listen to me, and take those kidneys up to the server 还是听我的吧快把那盘腰花端过去
before I knock you down and serve your brains as fritters! 要不我只能把你敲晕了用脑仁做煎饼
Yes, Mrs Patmore. 是的帕特莫太太
Wonder what that Mr Molesley makes of them. 不知莫斯利先生对他们怎么看
Poor old Molesley. 可怜的老莫斯利
I pity the man who's taken that job. 得到这苦差事真让人同情
Then why did you apply for it? 那你当初为什么申请
I felt it might help me to get away from you, Mr Bates. 为了避开你贝茨先生
I'm so interested to see the hospital. 我对那所医院很有兴趣
Ooh. Well, you would be, with your late husband a doctor. 可不是嘛您先生以前就是位医生
Not just my husband. 不只我丈夫
My father and brother, too. 我的父亲和哥哥也是
And I trained as a nurse during the war. 大战时我也当过护士
Oh, fancy. 真厉害
I'd love to be involved in some way. 我非常愿意参与其中
Well, you could always 下个月的义卖会
help with the bring-and-buy sale next month. 你倒是能帮上些忙
That would be most appreciated. 我们会非常感激的
She's a match for the old lady, 她跟老太太真是棋逢对手
she wasn't going to give in. 她不会轻易让步的
What old lady are you referring to, Thomas? 你说的是哪位老太太托马斯
You cannot mean her ladyship, the Dowager Countess. 不会是老伯爵夫人吧
Not if you wish to remain in this house. 如果你还打算在这里干下去
No, Mr Carson. 不是卡森先生
William! 威廉
Are you aware the seam at your shoulder is coming apart? 注意到你的肩膀处开线了吗
I felt it go a bit earlier on. I'll mend it when we turn in. 我之前发现了打算睡前缝上
You will mend it now 现在就缝好
and you will never again appear in public 以后绝不许再出现类似
in a similar state of undress. 衣衫不整的情况
No, Mr Carson. 是的卡森先生
To progress in your chosen career, 想要在这个职位上有所进步
William, you must remember that a good servant, 威廉你必须记住一个称职的仆人
at all times, retains a sense of pride and dignity 必须时刻将荣耀和尊严铭记于心
that reflects the pride and dignity of the family he serves. 因为这体现了主家的荣耀和尊严
And never make me remind you of it again. 只此一次下不为例
I'll do it. 我来缝吧
And cheer up, we've all had a smack from Mr Carson. 别在意谁没挨过卡森先生骂呢
You'll be the butler yourself one day, 总有一天你会成为管家
then you'll do the smacking. 到时候你就可以去教训别人了
I could never be like him. 我可不会像他那样
I bet he comes from a line 我打赌他家
of butlers that goes back to the Conqueror. 祖祖辈辈都是给人做管家的
He learned his business 这是他从业多年的积累
and so will you. 你早晚也会学到的
Even Mr Carson wasn't born standing to attention. 卡森先生也非生来就是谨言慎行
I hope not for his mother's sake. 否则可够他母亲受的
This was at the back door. 这封信从后门送进来的
Thank you, William. 谢谢威廉
It's kind of you to take an interest. 您对医疗事业真是有心了
I'm afraid it's a case of the warhorse and the drum. 这就像战马闻鼓声那种兴奋
You know my late husband was a doctor. 您要知道先夫也是医生
I do. I'm familiar with Dr Crawley's 卡劳利医生在
work on the symptoms of infection in children. 儿童传染病症方面的工作我曾反复拜读
Oh. Even I studied nursing during the South African War. 英布战争中我本人也学过护理
Really? 真的
Very distressing. Young farmer, John Drake. 真让人痛心年轻的农夫约翰·德雷克
A tenant of Lord Grantham's. He came in today. 伯爵的佃户今天来就诊的
It's dropsy, I'm afraid. 恐怕是积水
- May I see him?- Yeah. By all means. -能让我看看吗-当然请便
Is the dropsy of the liver or the heart? 是肝脏还是心脏
Everything points to the heart. 从各种症状来看是心脏
All right, Mr Drake, you're in safe hands now. 别担心德雷克先生你会没事的
What will happen to his wife? 他妻子该怎么办
She may try to keep the farm on. 她大概会努力让农场维持下去
Grantham is not a harsh landlord, 伯爵对佃户向来宽厚
but her children are young. 可毕竟她家孩子还小
What can I do to help? 我能帮上忙吗
If I'm to live in this village, I must have an occupation. 如果我要在这儿住下总得有些事做
Please. Let me be useful. 请让我尽点力吧
He chooses his clothes himself. 他亲自挑选衣服
He puts them out at night and hangs the ones he's worn. 晚上取出来摆好穿过的就挂在这儿
I get to take the linen down to the laundry. 我负责把衣物送洗
But that's about all. 差不多就这一件事
That's all? 就这样
"I'll do this", he says, "我自己来"他总是说
"I'll take the other". "I'll tie that". "我要拿另一件""我来系那个"
And I'm just stood there like a chump 而我就像个笨蛋一样站在那儿
watching a man get dressed. 看着他自己穿戴
To be honest, Mr Bates, I don't see the point of it. 老实说贝茨先生我不懂这有何意义
I thought you didn't like him. 我看您不大喜欢他
Well, so what? 那又怎样
I have plenty of friends I don't like. 我不喜欢的人多了可还得逢场作戏
Would you want Mary to marry one of them? 但您没打算让玛丽嫁给她们
Why do you always have 为什么每次
to pretend to be nicer than the rest of us? 你都要装好人
Perhaps I am. 也许我本就如此
Then pity your wife, 那就可怜可怜你妻子吧
whose fortune must go to this odd young man, 她的财产都得扔给这个古怪的年轻人
who talks about "weekends" and "jobs". 说着什么周末什么工作的
If Mary were to marry him then all would be resolved. 如果玛丽嫁给他一切问题迎刃而解
What've you got there? 看什么呢
Nothing. 没什么
What kind of nothing? 没什么是什么
You haven't got an admirer? 不会是有人向你表白吧
I might have. Why shouldn't I? 也许有呢我就不能有吗
Don't tell Mrs. Hughes 可别让休斯太太听见
or she'll bring the vicar round to have you exorcised. 要么她得找牧师给你驱鬼
How are we supposed to find husbands 她不让我们见男人
if we're never allowed to see any men? 那还怎么找丈夫
Perhaps she thinks the stork brings them. 等喜鹊搭桥送来呗
Lady Mary's in for a surprise. 玛丽小姐要大吃一惊了
Thomas was in the library 托马斯说他在图书馆里
when old Violet came in from the garden. 听见老巫婆从花园进来
Seems they want to fix her up with Mr. Crawley. 说要帮她和卡劳利先生牵线呢
Well, it makes sense. She was going to marry Mr. Patrick. 这说得通她原本就要嫁给帕特里克少爷的
Would she have, though, 时候到了
when it came to it? That's the question. 她真的会嫁给他吗这才是问题所在
There you are, dear. 孩子你可回来了
I was hoping you'd be home in time. 我就怕你错过
In time for what? 错过什么
I've been paid the compliment of a visit. 有贵客上门拜访
- Hello. - Good afternoon, cousin Matthew. -两位好-马修表亲下午好
Afternoon.
We were just saying how charming this room is now. 我们正说呢这房间现在真漂亮
It always seemed rather dark 是啊我婆婆生前住时
when my mother-in-law lived here. 这儿总乌糟糟的
But then she made everything rather dark. 不过话说回来她能让所有事物都乌糟糟的
- Sir. - No, thank you. -先生请用-不了谢谢
- A cup of tea, sir? - It's all right. I'll help myself. -喝茶吗先生-没事我自己来
So, Molesley, how do you find being home again? 莫斯利重回故地感觉怎样
- Your father must be glad you're back. - He is, Your Ladyship. -你父亲很为你高兴吧-是的夫人
Might I give you this cup? 帮我拿着吧
I'm afraid we must be going. 我们得告辞了
- Thank you. - You'll think about it? -谢谢-考虑一下吧
I thought no one was here. 没想到这有人
Can I help, Mr. Carson? 要我帮忙吗卡森先生
No. No, thank you, Anna. 不了谢谢你安娜
May I? 我听一下
I must compliment you, Mrs. Crawley. 我必须要称赞你卡劳利夫人
When you made your offer, 刚才您自荐时
I thought you might be a "great lady nurse" 我以为您是要来装装样子
and faint at the sight of blood. 见血就要晕了
But I see you're made of sterner stuff. 没想到您训练有素
It's definitely the heart. 肯定是心包积水
It's almost too quiet to hear at all. 心跳无力基本听不到
I'm afraid so. 恐怕是的
I've been thinking about the treatments that are available. 我在琢磨可行疗法
Considerable success have been achieved over the last few years 过去几年里许多医生成功地通过用针筒
by draining the pericardial sac of the excess fluid 抽出心包积水并注入肾上腺素的方法
and administering adrenaline. 治愈了病人
Mrs. Crawley, I appreciate your thoroughness. 卡劳利夫人感谢您的周全考虑
But you're unwilling to try it? 但你不愿尝试吗
Injection of adrenaline is a comparatively new procedure. 注射肾上腺素的疗法是比较新的医疗手段
It's a while ago now, 尽管有一段时间了
but I saw my husband do it. I know how. 但我观摩过我丈夫医治过现在还记得
Please, Mrs. Crawley, don't force me to be uncivil. 卡劳利夫人请不要让我为难
We would be setting an impossible precedent 一旦有此先例
when every villager could demand the latest fad in treatment 村民佃户们一有点头疼脑热
for each new cut and graze. 就都跑来要新疗法了
I would remind you that 恕我直言
we're not talking of a cut or a graze, 这可不是头疼脑热
but the loss of a man's life and the ruin of his family. 病人一旦不治这个家就毁了
Of course. But I beg you to see that it is not reasonable. 您说得没错但这实在不可行
I'm sorry but I have standards. 我可是有原则的
I've just seen something ever so odd. 今天有件怪事
And if anyone thinks I'm going to pull my forelock and curtsey 不是谁都受得起我伺候的
to this mr Nobody from Nowhere... 尤其是这位不速之客
O'Brien! 奥布瑞恩
Were you discussing Mr. Crawley? 你说的是卡劳利先生吗
Yes, my lady. 是的夫人
Is it your place to do so? 这话轮得到你说吗
I've got my opinions, my lady, same as anybody. 我跟别人一样有自己的见解夫人
Can I help, Your Ladyship? 有事吩咐吗夫人
This is the button we're missing from my new evening coat. 这是我新晚礼服掉的扣子
I found it lying on the gravel. 我在碎石路上找到的
But I was shocked at the talk I heard as I came in. 可进来时我听到些话很震惊
Mr. Crawley is His Lordship's cousin and heir. 卡劳利是老爷的表亲也是继承人
You will therefore, please, 因此请你要
accord him the respect he's entitled to. 给予他应有的尊重
But you don't like him yourself, my lady. 但夫人您也看不上他
You never wanted him to... 您没想让他
You're sailing perilously close to the wind, O'Brien. 你真是太过分了奥布瑞恩
If we're to be friends, you will not speak in that way again 如果我们要继续做朋友你就别乱嚼舌根子
about the Crawleys or any member of Lord Grantham's family. 少议论他们母子和其他家族成员
Now I'm going up to rest. Wake me at the dressing gown. 我上楼休息了更衣时叫醒我
I don't think that's fair, not here in the servant's hall. 这样不公平至少在仆人大堂不该这样
I agree. 没错
If she was a real lady, she wouldn't have come down here. 她要是真高贵就不会屈尊下楼
She'd have rung for me and given me the button, that's all. 摇铃叫我去拿纽扣不就行了
This isn't her territory. We can say what we like down here. 这不是她的地盘我们说什么她管不着
Who says? 谁说的
The law. And Parliament. 法律说的国会说的
There is such a thing as free speech. 大英公民言论自由
Not when I'm in charge. 我管事这就不允许
Don't push your luck, Thomas. 收敛点托马斯
Now, tea's over. Back to work. You'd better take this. 茶话结束都去干活你拿着这个
Friends. 朋友
Who does she think she's fooling? We're not friends. 糊弄谁呢我们才不是朋友
- No? - No. -不是吗-当然不是
And you're not friends with the girls neither. 小姐们也没把你当朋友
We're servants, you and me. 我们只是下人
And they pay us to do as we're told, that's all. 领工钱伺候主子再没别的
- May I... - I can manage. -能让我...-我能行
Now where have I put my cuff links? 我那对袖扣呢
- I thought these would make a change. - I want my usual ones. -我寻思帮您换对试试-就要平常那对
I know I'm a disappointment to you, Molesley. 莫斯利你很失望吧
But it's no good. 但这样行不通
I'll never get used to being dressed like a doll. 我不会像玩偶一样任你打扮的
- Only trying to help, sir. - Of course. -我只想帮您-当然
And if I've offended you, I apologise. 若有冒犯请见谅
Surely you have better things to do. 你敢肯定你还有更好的事要做
This is my job, sir. 可我就是干这个的先生
Well. It seems a very silly occupation for a grown man. 你个男子汉做这工作有点可笑
Look, I'm sorry if I'm... 抱歉我...
I'm sorry. 对不起
Why are you so against him? 你怎么这么讨厌他
Aside from the fact he's planning to steal our inheritance? 除了因为他要抢我们的遗产吗
Your inheritance. 是你的遗产
It makes no difference to Sybil and me. 跟茜玻和我没有关系
We won't inherit, whatever happens. 反正遗产没我们的份
He isn't one of us. 他不上档次
Cousin Freddie's studying for the bar, 弗雷迪堂哥也学法律
and so is Vivian MacDonald. 维安·麦克唐纳也是
At Lincoln's Inn. 他们上的可是林肯律师院
Not sitting at a dirty little desk in Ripon. 不是在什么里彭的破烂事务所工作
Besides, his father was a doctor. 再说他父亲不过一个医生
There's nothing wrong with doctors. We all need doctors. 医生有什么不好谁不生病呢
We all need crossing sweepers and draymen, too. 我们也需要清道夫和马车夫
It doesn't mean we have to dine with them. 并不意味着我们必须与之共餐
Whom don't we have to dine with? 我们没必要与谁共餐
Mary doesn't care for Cousin Matthew. 玛丽不太喜欢马修表亲
Sybil, be a dear 茜玻乖女儿
and fetch my black evening shawl. 去把我的黑色晚披肩拿过来
O'Brien knows which one. 奥布瑞恩知道是哪条
And, Edith, can you see that the drawing room's ready? 伊迪丝去看看客厅布置好没有
I'm glad to catch you alone. 很高兴逮到你独自一人的时候
- You've driven the others away. - Oh, perhaps I have. -是你把他们赶走了-也许是吧
Pretty. 真漂亮
The point is, my dear, 我想说亲爱的
I don't want you, any of you, 我不希望你你们中的任何一个
to feel you have to dislike Matthew. 对马修感到反感
- You disliked the idea of him. - That was before he came. -反感他的可是你-那是见到他之前
Now he's here, I don't see any future in it. 现在他来了再挣扎也是无用
Not the way things are. 早已时过境迁
I don't believe a woman can be forced to give away all her money 我不相信一个女人能被迫将她所有积蓄
to a distant cousin of her husband's. 交给她丈夫的远房亲戚
Not in the 20th century. It's too ludicrous for words. 现在是二十世纪了简直荒谬之极
It's not as simple as that. 不是你想的那么简单
The money isn't mine any more. 这些积蓄已经不属于我了
It forms a part of the estate. 它早已成为家业的一部分
Even so, when a judge hears... 即使这样当法官听说
For once in your life, will you please just listen! 请你听我说好吗哪怕这辈子就这么一次
I believe there's an answer 我相信现在有办法
which would secure your future and give you a position. 确保你的未来给你应得的地位
You can't be serious. 你不是说笑吧
Just think about it. 仔细想一想
I don't have to think about it. 我无须细想
Marry a man who can barely hold his knife like a gentleman? 嫁给一个连刀叉都拿不得体的男人
Oh, you exaggerate. 你说得太夸张了
You're American, you don't understand these things. 你是美国人这种事你不会了解的
Have you mentioned this to Granny? Did she laugh? 你把这事告诉奶奶了吗她笑了吗
Why would she? It was her idea. 她为什么要笑这是她的主意
Have you been able to explore the village? 你们有没有抽空去乡下逛一逛
Indeed I have. 我自然去过
And I thought the hospital 我认为那所医院
a great credit to your father's memory. 是对您先父的伟大赞颂
But I'm afraid the good doctor and I did not see eye to eye. 不过那位医生倒是与我意见相左
Oh, you amaze me! 真没想到
He's treating one of your tenants, John Drake, for dropsy, 他正在为您的一位佃农约翰·德雷克治疗积水
but seems reluctant to embrace some of the newer treatments. 但似乎不太愿意接受一些新的治疗方法
Oh, Drake is a good man and far too young to die, 德雷克是个好人着实不该英年早逝
but I suppose the doctor knows his business. 但我认为医生自有主张
Not as well as Mrs Crawley, apparently. 他显然没有卡劳利夫人懂得多
By the way, if ever you want to ride, 对了如果你们想骑马
just let Lynch know and he'll sort it out for you. 请告知林奇他会安排一切
Oh, Papa, Cousin Matthew doesn't ride. 爸爸马修表亲不骑马的
I ride. 我骑
And do you hunt? 那你打猎吗
No, I don't hunt. 不我不打猎
I dare say there's not much opportunity in Manchester. 我敢说曼彻斯特可没什么狩猎的机会
Are you a hunting family? 贵府时常出去狩猎吗
Families like ours are always hunting families. 我们这样的家庭都以狩猎为消遣
Not always. 不一定
Billy Skelton won't have them on his land. 比利·斯凯尔顿不允许他的家人狩猎
So all the Skeltons are mad. 所以说斯凯尔顿家的人都疯疯癫癫的
Do you hunt? 你打猎吗
Occasionally. 偶尔
I suppose you're more interested in books than country sports. 我想比起乡间运动你更喜爱读书吧
I probably am. 可以这么说
You'll tell me that's rather unhealthy. 接下来你要说那无益于健康
Not unhealthy. 不是无益健康
Just unusual. Among our kind of people. 只是不寻常对我们这种身份的人来说
I'm changing round the dessert services. 我在为他们更换甜点
We're missing a sugar sifter. I know I put three out. 我们还缺一个糖筛我记得拿出去三个
I was talking to Anna earlier. 我之前跟安娜聊过
Why? What's she been saying? 干什么她怎么说的
- Whatever's the matter? - What did Anna say? -你怎么了-安娜说了什么
Only that she thinks Thomas is bullying William. 她只是觉得托马斯在欺负威廉
Ah. Yeah, she may have a point. I'll keep an eye out. 是啊她也许是对的我会留心的
Here it is. 找到了
I've been studying the story of Andromeda. Do you know it? 我最近在研究安德洛墨达的故事你听过吗
Why? 为什么
Her father was King Cepheus 她的父亲是克普斯王
whose country was being ravaged by storms. 暴雨即将淹没他的国家
And in the end, he decided the only way to appease the gods 最终他决定用唯一的方法安抚众神
was to sacrifice his eldest daughter to a hideous sea monster. 即牺牲他的长女将其献给骇人的海怪
So they chained her naked to a rock... 于是他们将赤裸的她绑在一块石头上
Really, Mary, 真的吗玛丽
we'll all need our smelling salts in a minute. 一会儿我们得需要嗅盐了
But the sea monster didn't get her, did he? 但是海怪没有得到她是不是
No. 是的
Just when it seemed he was the only solution 就在大家都认为只有他
to her father's problems, she was rescued. 才能消除灾难时她获救了
By Perseus. 珀尔修斯救了她
That's right. Perseus. Son of a god. 没错珀尔修斯神的儿子
Rather more fitting, wouldn't you say? 这才更登对不是吗
That depends. 不见得
I'd have to know more about 我得进一步了解
the princess and sea monster in question. 这位公主和这只海怪才能定论
I wish I could dance like that. 但愿我也能像那样跳舞
Like what? 像哪样
Don't you know the Grizzly Bear? 你不知道灰熊舞吗
The Grizzly Bear! As if you do. 灰熊舞难道你知道
Certainly, I do. 我当然知道
Miss O'Brien, shall we show them? 奥布瑞恩太太我们来演示一下吧
Not likely. 想都别想
William, give us a tune. Come on, Daisy. 威廉给我们伴奏来吧黛西
- I can't. - Hands up. -我不会-举起手
Daisy. Daisy! 黛西黛西
Stop that silly nonsense before you put your joints out. 别干那种蠢事了小心关节扭脱臼
See to the range and go to bed. 去看看炉灶然后上床睡觉
Thank you. That was beautiful! 谢谢你真是太美妙了
I'm sorry Mary was rather sharp this evening. 很抱歉玛丽今晚如此刻薄
I doubt Cousin Mary and I are destined to be close friends. 我与玛丽表亲是否注定成为密友还未可知
I don't blame her. 我不怪她
Her father's home and her mother's 她父亲的家业母亲的财产
fortune are to be passed to me. It's very harsh. 都将由我继承这确实很难接受
What would you say 如果说为玛丽着想
if the entail were set aside in Mary's favour? 驳回这限定继承权你会怎么想呢
I should try to accept it 我会尽可能
with as good a grace as I could muster. 以我最大的气度接受
Would you? 你会吗
- Oh. Oh, good evening, Taylor. - Good evening, my lady. -晚上好泰勒-晚上好夫人
Thank you. 谢谢你
I'll say good night, Mr Carson. 我来道声晚安卡森先生
Look at that scratch. 看看这刮痕
I'll have to get that sorted out when they're up in London. 他们去伦敦的时候我得把刮痕弄掉
- You can hardly see it. - Well, I'll know it's there. -几乎看不见-我知道它在那里
Are you all right now? Only you seemed a little upset earlier. 你现在好点了吗刚才看你有些烦躁
Yeah. I'm sorry about that. I'm just... 是啊我很抱歉我有点
I'm a bit tired. 有点累了
And no wonder. Did the dinner go well? 怪不得呢晚餐进行得顺利吗
Oh, well enough. 还不错
Although they won't make a match between them 不过要是他们想要撮合他们
if that's what they're thinking. 我看是没戏
Lady Mary doesn't like him? 玛丽小姐不喜欢他吗
And why should she like the man she's been passed over for? 她为什么要喜欢夺走她的家产的男人
And why has she been? That's what I'd like to know. 她凭什么不能继承我倒想知道个究竟
It's the law. 这可是法律规定
Well, it's a wicked law. 是奇怪的法律规定
Why does Mr Carson let you do that? 卡森先生为什么让你做这活儿
Because my dad was a clockmaker. 因为我爸曾是个钟表匠
Did you really ask him for the job at the Crawleys'? 你当真向他请求做克劳利家的贴身侍从吗
I'm sick of being a footman. 我当够了男仆
I'd rather be a footman than 我宁愿做个男仆
wait on someone who ought to be a footman himself. 也不愿伺候一个骨子里的下等人
But Mr Carson shouldn't have told Bates. 但是卡森先生不应该告诉贝茨
How are things with Lady G? 格兰夫人怎么样了
Same as usual. 老样子
"Yes, my lady. No, my lady. Three bags full." "夫人夫人你来看三个口袋鼓囊囊"[儿歌《黑羊毛》]
I'd like to give her three bags full, 我倒是想把她塞到鼓鼓囊囊的麻袋里
preferably on a dark night. 最好是月黑风高的晚上
Will you hand in your notice? 你会递上辞呈吗
And let her ruin me with a nasty reference? Oh, I think not. 好让她给我提供不好的推荐吗我可不想
I don't want to exaggerate. 我不想夸大其词
She's been very generous in many ways. 毕竟她在诸多方面乐施好善
Generous? 还乐施好善
To instruct you in your own practice? 对你的治疗手段指手画脚吗
Well, she may even have a point, 她也许确有道理
but it does not seem to me realistic. 但在我看来有些不切实际
Well. Nor is it. 可不是吗
Put an end to her meddling. 让她的多管闲事到此为止吧
I am your president and I say get rid of her. 身为董事长我要你把她摆脱掉
Will that not be awkward? 那不会很尴尬吗
I gather she's planning to 我原以为在可预见的将来
stay in the village for the foreseeable future. 她都会长住下来
No one can foresee the future, Doctor. 没有人可以预见未来医生
Not you, not I, and certainly not Mrs Crawley. 你我都不能克劳利夫人当然亦不能
You do not love the place yet? 你还没爱上这地方吧
- Well, obviously it's... - No, you don't love it. -显然它很...-不你还没爱上它
You see a million bricks that may crumble, 你看到宅邸高深摇摇欲坠
a thousand gutters and pipes that may block and leak, 水管年久失修残破不堪
and stone that will crack in the frost. 残垣断壁捱不过酷寒严霜
But you don't? 但您不这么看吧
I see my life's work. 我看到我倾注一生的心血
Was it ever in danger? 从没出过危险吗
Many times. 许多次了
My dear Papa thought the balloon would go up 十九世纪八十年代我亲爱的老父亲
in the 1880s. 以为家业败落大势已去了
What saved it? 什么挽救了它
Cora. 是柯拉
Where is everyone? 其他人呢
They've gone down to the village. 都去村子里了
Some travelling salesman's set up at the pub for the afternoon. 下午有四处云游的商贩在酒馆卖东西
Alone at last. 难得跟你独处
We shouldn't be without both footmen. 两位男仆不该都出门啊
Does Mr Carson know? 卡森先生知道吗
Mrs Hughes does. She's gone with them. 休斯太太知道她一起去了
They won't be long. 他们很快就回来的
So, you see to the girls 那么你要照顾小姐们
and you're supposed to be head housemaid. 你理应是女仆领班
You should put in for a raise. 你应该要求加薪
What do you mean, "supposed to be"? 你什么意思"理应"
I said they shouldn't have let both footmen go. 我就说不该让两个男仆都出门
Well, you'll have to answer it. 必须由你去应门
Mr Carson wouldn't like a maid answering the front door. 卡森先生不会让一个女仆去前门迎客的
I'm sorry to have kept you waiting, sir. 很抱歉让您久等了先生
I'm here to see Lord Grantham. 我找格兰瑟姆伯爵
- Is he expecting you? - No. -有预约吗-没有
But he'll be very interested in what I have to tell him. 但他会对我要说的事非常感兴趣的
His lordship is not at home, but if you will leave your name... 老爷不在家但如果您能留下姓名
Uh-uh, uh-uh, uh-uh, don't go all high and mighty with me. 别跟我神气活现的
I don't know who you are, but you're certainly not the butler. 我不知道你是哪位但显然不是管家
So don't try and make out you are. 所以别费事假装了
How do you know? 你怎么知道
Because Charlie Carson's the butler round here. 因为查理·卡森才是这里的管家
Does your business concern him? 您的事与他有关吗
It might do. 也许
Excuse me for one moment, sir. 请稍等一会儿先生
Fetch Mr Carson as fast as you can. 去叫卡森先生越快越好
Use the front door. 走前门
- If you would like to follow me, sir. - Oh, no. -请随我来先生-不必
If you think you're tucking me away somewhere, 你要是想打主意把我引走
you've got another think coming. 我可不上当
- But you'll be more comfortable, sir. - Sorry, chum. -但那儿更舒适先生-抱歉了朋友
Oh, aye. I'll not mind waiting in here. 好啊在这里等我倒不会介意
Bates. 贝茨
This gentleman is an acquaintance of Mr Carson, my lady. 这位先生是卡森先生的熟人小姐
What is he doing in here? 那他在这里做什么
He says he has urgent business with his lordship. 他说他找老爷有急事
Urgent. 十万火急
I've sent for Mr Carson to come at once. 我已经立马派人去叫卡森先生了
Then I'll stay with you 那我和你一道留下
in case explanations are needed. 以防事后说不清楚
Mr Carson! 卡森先生
You're needed at once in the library. 你得马上去趟书房
How long are you expecting me to wait? 你还要让我等多久
I'm a very busy man, you know. 我可是很忙的你知道
If you could just be patient for a little longer, sir. 请稍安勿躁先生
May I ask who this is and precisely what is going on? 请问这位是谁到底发生了什么事
Mr Bates, what are you... 贝茨先生你在干什
Uh, I'm sorry, your lordship. 我很抱歉老爷
Mr Bates, you may go now. 贝茨先生你可以走了
Please stay where you are. Nobody's going anywhere. 请待在原地任何人无需离开
Do I take it you know this man? 你认识这个人是这样吗
Don't try and deny it. 别打算遮掩过去
No, I won't deny it. 不我不会否认的
I do know him, my lord, 我确实认识老爷
but not what he is doing in the library. 但是不清楚他在书房有何意图
I tried to stick him downstairs, 我本想让他呆在楼下
out of sight, Mr Carson, but he wouldn't come. 以避人耳目卡森先生但是他不愿意
Yes, thank you. That was thoughtful. 谢谢你想得很周到
But who is he? 但他到底是谁
Will you tell him or shall I? 是你告诉他还是由我来
His name is Charles Grigg. 他的名字是查尔斯·格里格
We worked together at one time. 我们曾经一起共事
Oh. I'm a little more than that, aren't I, Charlie? 我们的交情可不止那么浅不是吗查理
- We're like brothers, him and me. - We're not like brothers. -我们亲如兄弟他和我-我们可不是兄弟
We were a double act, on the halls. 我们是剧院的双人戏表演者
You were on the stage? 你曾经登过台
Carson, is this true? 卡森这是真的吗
It is, my lord. 是真的老爷
"The Cheerful Charlies," that's what they called us. "快乐的查理兄弟"这就是我们的艺名
We did quite well, didn't we? 我们可受欢迎了是吧
Until you couldn't keep your hands out of the till. 那是在你手脚不干净以前
Would you like us to go, Mr Carson? 你想让我们回避吗卡森先生
No. You know it now. 不必了你现在都知道了
You might as well bear witness to my shame. 见证我的丑事也无妨了
He turned up in the village 他几天前突然在
with no warning some days ago, on the run, 村子里露面一路在逃
asking for somewhere to hide and, of course, for money. 寻找一个藏身之处当然还要钱
God in heaven. 我的天呐
He is wanted for some 他因几项盗窃罪
petty crime of which he is, of course, guilty. 被通缉当然他罪有应得
Steady on. 悠着点儿说
He threatened to expose my past, 他威胁要揭露我的过去
to make me a laughing stock in this house. 让我成为庄园的笑柄
And in my vanity and pride, I gave him what he wanted. 碍于我的虚荣与骄傲我满足了他的要求
You did not! 你才没有
I put him in an empty cottage 我把他安排在闲置的村舍
and fed him from the kitchens. 从厨房里给他带去食物
I couldn't buy food in the village. 我不能到村庄上去买
It would raise too many questions. 那会引起大家的怀疑
I stole. 我偷拿
I'm a thief. 我就是个小偷
She saw it. 她都看见了
I'd never have said anything... 我什么都没有说
And now my disgrace is complete. 既然现在我已名誉扫地
My lord, you have my resignation. 老爷我向您递交辞呈
Really, Carson, there's no need to be quite so melodramatic. 卡森没有必要搞得这么戏剧化
You're not playing Sydney Carton. 你又不是在演悉尼·卡尔顿
So, why have you come here 既然他已经都满足了你的要求
if he has done everything you asked of him? 你又何必来此
Because he hasn't. 他并没有
He wouldn't give me any money. 他一分钱都没给我
If I had, how could I prevent 要是我给了他
his returning to Downton once it was spent? 又怎能防止他在钱花光之后再回到唐顿
My dear Mr Grigg... 亲爱的格里格先生
Oh, nice to see someone round here's got some manners. 很高兴在这见到这么有礼貌的人
Hold your tongue! 闭嘴
I'll tell you what is going to happen. 我来告诉你这事怎么解决
When I have given you 20 pound, 我会给你20英镑
you will leave Downton immediately 然后你马上离开唐顿
and we will never set eyes on you again. 我们不想再看到你
I'll have to see about that. 我拿到钱再说
If you return to this area, 如果你敢回来
I will personally ensure your conviction for theft and blackmail. 我将亲自确保你以盗窃和敲诈被定罪
Just a minute... 等等
You will serve from five to ten years in His Majesty's custody. 你就会被监禁5到10年
You think you're such a big man, don't you? 你以为你是个大人物是吗
Just because you're a lord, 就因为你是个老爷
you think you can do what you like with me. 你以为你就能对我为所欲为
I think it... because it is true. 我之所以这么认为是因为这就是事实
You'll not always be in charge, you know. 你要知道你不会一直高人一等的
The day is coming when your lot 总有一天你们会和
will have to toe the line just like the rest of us. 我们一样唯命是从的
Perhaps. 也许吧
But happily for Carson, that day has not come yet. 但卡森还算幸运这一天还没到
I take it my resignation has not been accepted? 我想我的辞呈您不接受是吗
My dear fellow, we all have 我的朋友
chapters we would rather keep unpublished. 我们都有不愿公开的过往
To be honest, Carson, 说实话卡森
I'm rather impressed. 知道这事我对你刮目相看
Did you really sing and 你真的在一群观众面前
dance and everything in front of an audience? 边唱边跳吗
I did. 是的
Do you ever miss it? 不怀念吗
Not in the least, my lord. 一点也不老爷
Poor Mr Carson. We'll have to 可怜的卡森先生
treat him like a god for a month to calm his nerves. 我们这一个月要好好待他让他平静下来
He'll be afraid this'll change the way we think of him. 他担心我们会另眼相看
- Then we mustn't let it. - Oh, but it will. -我们一定不能这样-这不可能
"The Cheerful Charlies"? 快乐的查理兄弟
For all his talk of dignity, we know his story now. 他总是谈论尊严现在我们知道了他的故事
And admire him more because of it. 我也因此更钦佩他了
Maybe. But it will change the way we think of him. 也许吧但我们对他的看法还是会变
It always does. 一定会变的
I don't see why. 我不明白为什么
I shouldn't care what I found out about you. 我不在乎你有什么样的过往
Whatever it was, it wouldn't alter my opinion one bit. 但无论什么事都不会改变我的看法
But it would. It certainly would. 一定会变这是必然
We're running out of options. 我们要没主意了
The lawyers I write to only huff and puff. 与我通信的律师只会打哈哈
They echo Murray and say nothing can be done. 他们和莫里一样说无能为力
Or they don't want the bother of opposing him. 或许是他们不想跟他作对惹来麻烦
Precisely. 就是这么回事
I wish Mary wasn't so confident it could all be put right. 玛丽最好还是不要抱有太大期望
Meanwhile, we have to watch that dreadful woman 与此同时我们不得不看着那讨厌的女人
parade around the village as if she owned it. 在村子里昂首阔步就好像村子是她的一样
I think she means well. 我觉得她那是出于好意
Meaning well is not enough. 出于好意可不够
Poor Dr Clarkson. 可怜的克拉克森医生
What has he done to deserve that termagant? 他做了什么啊摊上这么个泼妇
I think he's in for an uncomfortable afternoon. 我想他今天下午不会安稳的
Is he? Why? 是吗怎么了
On my way here, I saw her go into the hospital. 我来的时候看到她去了医院
She looked extremely determined. 她看起来意志坚决
Not as determined as I am. 没有我那么意志坚决
I have the adrenaline here in my hand. 我手里拿的是肾上腺素
Will you really deny the man his chance of life? 你真的打算否决他的一线生机吗
I just wish it was a treatment I was more familiar with. 我只是希望这是一种我比较熟悉的疗法
Will that serve as your excuse when he dies? 他死的时候难道这就是你的借口吗
Nurse. Can you prepare Mr Drake for his procedure, please? 护士麻烦去准备一下德雷克先生的手术
Well, Mrs Crawley, 卡劳利夫人
I have a feeling we will sink or swim together. 恐怕我们要共同度过这个难关
Mr Drake, your heart is not functioning properly, 德雷克先生您的心脏功能失调
and, as a result, your pericardial sac is full of fluid. 由此引起了心包内积水
I am proposing first to withdraw 我打算先将积水排出
the fluid and then to inject the adrenaline 然后注射肾上腺素
to stimulate the heart and restore normal activity. 以此刺激心脏使其恢复正常状态
Is it dangerous, Doctor? 这有危险吗医生
The draining may stop the heart, 排水可能会引起心脏骤停
and the adrenaline may not be able to restart it. 肾上腺素也可能无法让心脏再次跳动
Mrs Drake, the choice is simple. 德雷克夫人选择很简单
If your husband endures this procedure,he may live. 如果您丈夫熬了过来便能活下来
If not, he will die. 否则他就会死
- He's with a patient. - Please, please, no, let me pass! -他在为患者治病-请让开让我过去
I must see the doctor at once! 我现在就要见医生
Your ladyship. 夫人
It's just as I thought. 和我想的一样
Dr Clarkson, 克拉克森医生
tell me you will not permit this 您该不会让一个外行
amateur to influence your professional opinion. 影响您专业的判断吧
- Amateur? - My dear woman, -外行-这位女士
do not let them bully you. 千万不要被他们胁迫
They'll not disturb the peace of your husband's last hours. 他们不能在你丈夫弥留之际打扰他
Not if I can help it. 我在就不能让他们这样
But that's just it, my lady. 但夫人事情是这样
I don't want them to be his last hours. 我不想让这成为他的弥留之际
Not if there's a chance. 如果还有机会
Please, Doctor. Do what you must. 拜托医生请您尽力
As... 作为
Steady. 稳住
Yeah, all right. 好就这样
Nice and steady. 好好地把稳
As president of this hospital, 作为这所医院的董事长
- I feel I must... - Valve. -我必须要-打开阀门
...tell you that I shall bring this to the attention of the Board. 通知你我要让董事会知晓这件事
You're doing very well. 你做的很好
Have you no pity? 你没有怜悯之心吗
Adrenaline. 肾上腺素
Quickly, quickly. His heart's stopped. 快快他的心跳停止了
Ready? 好了吗
Yes. 好的
Oh, my God! 上帝
Oh, my dear. 亲爱的
You don't have to worry. 你不必担忧
She may be president, but I'm the patron, 就算她是董事长可我是出资人
so you're quite safe with me. Please. 所以有事跟我说没事的请
My mother was right, then? The man's life was saved? 那么我母亲是对的那个人被救活了
Well, I like to think that we were both right. 我认为我们两人都对了
But I'm not sure Lady Grantham will be so easily convinced. 但我想格兰瑟姆夫人不会被轻易说服
Then we must strengthen the argument. 那么我们需要更强有力的理由说服她
Cousin Isobel wants something to do. Very well. 伊泽贝尔表亲想做点事这好办
Let's make her Chairman of the Board. 让她做董事会主席
She'd like that, wouldn't she? 她会愿意吧
Certainly, she would. 她当然愿意
Then my mother will have to listen to her. 这样我母亲就必须听取她的意见
She's been an absolute ruler there for long enough. 她已经独裁许久了
It's time for some loyal opposition. 是时候听取些不同意见了
If you're quite certain, my lord. 既然您意已决我就不多说什么了老爷
What were you going to say? 你想说什么
At the risk of being impertinent, on your own head be it. 恕在下冒犯不过这一切都是您的决定和我无关
About your scheme for restoring the estate cottages. 关于您重修小屋的计划
You don't mind my interfering? 您不介意我插手吧
My dear fellow, I brought you here to interfere. 小伙子我安排你来就是让你插手的
In fact, why don't you stay for dinner and we'll talk about it? 不如留下用晚餐吧我们边吃边聊
We'll send down to Molesley for your clothes. 我派人差莫斯利把你的衣服取来
I'd better not. My mother's expecting me. 我还是告辞吧母亲在等我回去
But in fact, I've been meaning to speak to you about Molesley. 事实上我正想跟您谈谈莫斯利
Oh? 什么事
Would you find me very 如果我辞掉他
ungrateful if I dispensed with his services? 您不会认为我不领情吧
Why? Has he displeased you in some way? 为什么他哪方面做得不好吗
Not at all. It's simply 不是这样的只是
that he's superfluous to our style of living. 我们的生活方式让他显得有些多余
Is that quite fair? 这样公平吗
To deprive a man of his livelihood, 无缘无故地
when he's done nothing wrong? 就剥夺一个人的营生
Well, I wouldn't quite put it... 我倒没这么想...
Your mother derives satisfaction 你母亲在医院工作
from her work at the hospital, I think? 得到了满足感不是吗
- Some sense of selfworth? - Certainly. -所谓实现自我价值的成就感对吗-当然
Would you really deny the same to poor old Molesley? 你真忍心剥夺可怜的莫斯利的这个权利吗
And when you are master here, is the butler to be dismissed? 等你成了这里的主人是不是还要辞退管家
Or the footmen? 或是辞退男仆
How many maids or kitchen staff will be allowed to stay? 多少女仆和厨房的佣人能保住工作
Or must everyone be driven out? 还是所有人都得卷铺盖回家
We all have different parts to play, Matthew. 大家都有不同的角色马修
And we must all be allowed to play them. 大家都有权扮演不同的角色
Why must we all go to the hospital? 为什么我们都要去医院
I'm afraid Papa wants to teach Granny a lesson. 恐怕爸爸想给奶奶个下马威
Poor Granny. A month ago, these people were strangers. 可怜的奶奶一个月前那些人还只是陌生人
Now she must share power 现在她居然不得不跟那个母亲分权
with the mother and I must marry the son. 我还得下嫁那个儿子
You won't marry him, though, will you? 你不会真嫁给他吧
What? Marry a sea monster? 说什么呢嫁给一个海怪吗
We shouldn't laugh. That was so unkind. 我们不该说笑人家这样不太好
But he must marry someone. 可他总要结婚的
Edith, what are you thinking? 伊迪丝你想什么呢
You know, I don't dislike him as much as you do. 我不像你那么讨厌他
Perhaps you don't dislike him at all. 也许你根本就不讨厌他
Perhaps I don't. 也许你说对了
Well, it's nothing to me. I've bigger fish to fry. 反正我无所谓我还有条大鱼呢
- What fish? - Are we talking about "EN"? -什么鱼-你是在说EN吗
How do you know that? 这你怎么知道的
Have you been poking around in my things? 你是不是乱动我的东西了
- Ofcourse not. - Come on. Who is he? -当然没有了-拜托你们说谁呢
It's not fair if you both know. 这不公平你们俩都知道
You won't be any the wiser, but his name is Evelyn Napier. 知道了你也不会变得更聪明他叫艾弗林·奈皮尔
The Honourable Evelyn Napier. 尊贵的艾弗林·奈皮尔
Son and heir to Viscount Branksome. 布兰克桑姆子爵的儿子和继承人
Who wants an old sea monster 有了珀尔修斯
when they can have Perseus? 谁还会嫁给一个老海怪呢
If you're going to the ceremony, 您如果也要去参加仪式
I thought we might walk together. 我们可以一起走
Certainly, I'm going. 当然我要去
I want to see the old bat's face when they announce it. 他们宣布的时候我想看看那老太婆的表情
I must try not to look too cheerful. 我可不能看起来太"高兴"了
Or shouldn't I talk like that in your presence? 是不是我不该当着你说这个
Do you find me very ridiculous, Mrs Hughes? 你是不是觉得我很荒谬休斯太太
Putting on airs and graces I've no right to? 明明没有资本却总是一副拿腔拿调的样子
What's brought this on? 您怎么会说起这个
Nothing. 没事
Except at times I wonder if I'm just a sad old fool. 就是有时我觉得自己像一个可怜的老傻瓜
Mr Carson, 卡森先生
you are a man of integrity and honour, 您是一个正直高尚的人
who raises the tone of this household by being part of it. 这个家都因为您而增色不少
So no more of that, please. 请不要再说那种话了
I wondered if you'd like to walk with me down to... 你愿意跟我一起去...
Is Thomas going? 托马斯去吗
Well, I think everyone is. 我想大家都得去
Sorry, what were you saying? 抱歉刚才你说什么
Nothing. Doesn't matter. 没什么无所谓了
Put this away before you go, and never mind your flirting. 打情骂俏没关系先把这个收起来
I wasn't flirting. Not with him. 没打情骂俏更不是跟他
William's not a bad lad. 威廉不是坏小子
He's nice enough. But he isn't like Thomas. 他是挺好的不过他和托马斯不一样
No. He's not. 是啊是不一样
Cuff links, sir? 要袖扣吗先生
Those are a dull option for such an occasion. 这种场合戴这对太沉闷了吧
Don't you agree? 你不觉得吗
Might I suggest the crested pair, sir? 那么请允许我推荐这对带装饰的先生
They seem more appropriate, if you don't mind my saying. 恕在下多嘴这对好像更合适些
They're a bit fiddly. I wonder if you could help me. 这对不好戴你能帮我戴吗
Certainly, sir. 愿意效劳先生
I see you got that mark out of the sleeve. 我发现你把袖子上的污渍弄掉了
How did you do it? 你怎么弄的
Oh, I tried it with this 我试试这个
and tried it with that, until it yielded. 试试那个最后终于洗掉了
Very well done. 非常好
Thank you, sir. 多谢夸奖先生
You go in, Mrs Hughes. I want a quick word with Mr Bates here. 休斯太太您先进去我跟贝茨先生说句话
Mr Bates. 贝茨先生
Um, I must thank you. 我非常感谢您
Both for what you did, and for keeping silent afterwards. 为我所做的包括后来没有提及此事
It was kind of you... and Anna. 您...和安娜都是好人
It was nothing, Mr Carson. 这不值一提卡森先生
I hope you don't judge me too harshly. 希望您不会对我有成见
I don't judge you at all. 一点也没有
I have no right to judge you or any man. 我没有资格去那么做
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to this happy event. 女士们先生们欢迎来参加这个喜庆的典礼
The investiture of our first Chairwoman, 我们有幸任命第一个女主席
Mrs Reginald Crawley, who has graciously agreed 雷金纳德·卡劳利夫人
to share the duties of our beloved president, 愿与我们敬爱的董事长
the Dowager Countess of Grantham. 格兰瑟姆伯爵夫人共同管理我们的医院
Our little hospital must surely 两位夫人
grow and thrive with two such doughty champions 以亲情和友情为纽带紧密团结
united as they are by the 我们医院将在两位夫人的领导下
strongest ties of all, family and friendship. 继续发展壮大

获取完整的剧集台词和单词统计,请移步赞赏区(无需赞赏),关键字“唐顿庄园”

©著作权归作者所有,转载或内容合作请联系作者
  • 序言:七十年代末,一起剥皮案震惊了整个滨河市,随后出现的几起案子,更是在滨河造成了极大的恐慌,老刑警刘岩,带你破解...
    沈念sama阅读 206,311评论 6 481
  • 序言:滨河连续发生了三起死亡事件,死亡现场离奇诡异,居然都是意外死亡,警方通过查阅死者的电脑和手机,发现死者居然都...
    沈念sama阅读 88,339评论 2 382
  • 文/潘晓璐 我一进店门,熙熙楼的掌柜王于贵愁眉苦脸地迎上来,“玉大人,你说我怎么就摊上这事。” “怎么了?”我有些...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 152,671评论 0 342
  • 文/不坏的土叔 我叫张陵,是天一观的道长。 经常有香客问我,道长,这世上最难降的妖魔是什么? 我笑而不...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 55,252评论 1 279
  • 正文 为了忘掉前任,我火速办了婚礼,结果婚礼上,老公的妹妹穿的比我还像新娘。我一直安慰自己,他们只是感情好,可当我...
    茶点故事阅读 64,253评论 5 371
  • 文/花漫 我一把揭开白布。 她就那样静静地躺着,像睡着了一般。 火红的嫁衣衬着肌肤如雪。 梳的纹丝不乱的头发上,一...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 49,031评论 1 285
  • 那天,我揣着相机与录音,去河边找鬼。 笑死,一个胖子当着我的面吹牛,可吹牛的内容都是我干的。 我是一名探鬼主播,决...
    沈念sama阅读 38,340评论 3 399
  • 文/苍兰香墨 我猛地睁开眼,长吁一口气:“原来是场噩梦啊……” “哼!你这毒妇竟也来了?” 一声冷哼从身侧响起,我...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 36,973评论 0 259
  • 序言:老挝万荣一对情侣失踪,失踪者是张志新(化名)和其女友刘颖,没想到半个月后,有当地人在树林里发现了一具尸体,经...
    沈念sama阅读 43,466评论 1 300
  • 正文 独居荒郊野岭守林人离奇死亡,尸身上长有42处带血的脓包…… 初始之章·张勋 以下内容为张勋视角 年9月15日...
    茶点故事阅读 35,937评论 2 323
  • 正文 我和宋清朗相恋三年,在试婚纱的时候发现自己被绿了。 大学时的朋友给我发了我未婚夫和他白月光在一起吃饭的照片。...
    茶点故事阅读 38,039评论 1 333
  • 序言:一个原本活蹦乱跳的男人离奇死亡,死状恐怖,灵堂内的尸体忽然破棺而出,到底是诈尸还是另有隐情,我是刑警宁泽,带...
    沈念sama阅读 33,701评论 4 323
  • 正文 年R本政府宣布,位于F岛的核电站,受9级特大地震影响,放射性物质发生泄漏。R本人自食恶果不足惜,却给世界环境...
    茶点故事阅读 39,254评论 3 307
  • 文/蒙蒙 一、第九天 我趴在偏房一处隐蔽的房顶上张望。 院中可真热闹,春花似锦、人声如沸。这庄子的主人今日做“春日...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 30,259评论 0 19
  • 文/苍兰香墨 我抬头看了看天上的太阳。三九已至,却和暖如春,着一层夹袄步出监牢的瞬间,已是汗流浃背。 一阵脚步声响...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 31,485评论 1 262
  • 我被黑心中介骗来泰国打工, 没想到刚下飞机就差点儿被人妖公主榨干…… 1. 我叫王不留,地道东北人。 一个月前我还...
    沈念sama阅读 45,497评论 2 354
  • 正文 我出身青楼,却偏偏与公主长得像,于是被迫代替她去往敌国和亲。 传闻我的和亲对象是个残疾皇子,可洞房花烛夜当晚...
    茶点故事阅读 42,786评论 2 345

推荐阅读更多精彩内容